Installation and Configuration guide of Nuget Server
If you want to create own Nuget Server, You should install Nuget.Serger package via Empty Web Site type of project in Visual Studio then publish it without typing any code.
- Open Visual Studio
- File > New > Project
- Select "ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework)" under Web node.
- Give a Project Name, Location if default loc. does not satisfy you.
(you may select .NET Framework 4.6 instead of .Net framework 4.6.1, if exists. I faced an error while publishing Nuget.Server to local IIS. You may not see the issue in your try :) )
- Visual Studio is going to generate all necessary files for us (thanks :) )
- Right Click to Project name from Solution Explorer
- Find Manage NuGet Packages
- once you click it, you will see a form. Type Nuget.Server (Visual Studio must connect to Internet)
- Select "Nuget Server by .NET Foundation"
- You will see Install button in the right side (for Visual Studio 2017 - other version may have differences so my message is install it )
- You will get couple verification, warning. Accept all
- Empty Web Site project will have all necessary components to be Nuget Server
- Open Web.config
- Find apiKey
- Set value as a key (it can be anything,but we will use it while publishing package through Nuget command)
- Build project
- Publish it (Please keep googling for how do we publish a web site in Visual Studio